Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:56:31 -0800
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Robertson <peteypavello@gmail.com>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Ps3

It's designed to boot from a physical CD inserted into the optical
drive. You can also netboot with some work, or boot from a hard drive
after installing. The easiest is just to burn a CD though.

Running FreeBSD on your PS3 may not be that interesting: the initial
port was completed within a week of Sony's removal of the OtherOS
feature, which removed a lot of the impetus from development. The SPUs
are not available, for example, and neither is wireless (wired ethernet
works fine).
-Nathan