Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2001 16:34:37 -0500
From:      Andrew BOGECHO <andrewb@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mtu not set with dhcp options

Sat Feb  3 16:21:47 EST 2001

Hi,

I have been running a dhcp server on my 4.2 box for quite a while now.
I found out today though, that although I set:

option interface-mtu            1492;

in my dhcpd.conf, it does not get set on the client. All the other
settings (IP, DNS, gw, etc..) work fine.

I then edited the dhclient.conf on my client to include a request for
interface-mtu, but that also made no difference.

Please let me know, if I am using interface-mtu the right way, or if
dhclient for some reason decides not to use the mtu that I request.

Both client and server are running 4.2-STABLE and I am using
isc-dhcp-2.0.3 on the dhcp server.

Any info would be appreciated.

Andrew.