Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:24:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Slashdot rejects "BSD is NOT dying" article

A little while ago, my slides from the BSDCon FreeBSD BoF, including the
"FreeBSD is not dying" section were submitted to Slashdot, and apparently
dropped.  For those interested, the slides are at:

  http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/20030910-bsdbof/

These include a copy of the netcraft growth chart, graphs for commit
rates, features, etc.  I ran the stats for the BoF to try and get an
accurate picture of the direction the project was going in, and understand
how our agressive release schedule impacts releases.  The results were
fascinating -- the bumpiness of the graph is just one of the artifacts of
the release schedule.

In any case, I thought the results were interesting, and I think it's a
shame the editors of Slashdot felt that this material wasn't appropriate
for their forum...

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories