Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:24:30 -0400
From:      Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing T/TCP and replacing it with something simpler

--=-=-=

> A T/TCP alternative as you are describing sounds very
> similar to PR-SCTP (Partial Reliability SCTP). (Don't let the
> name fool you, please read the internet draft).

Can you sketch this in a bit more detail?  I do not follow.  PR-SCTP is
about being allowed to "abandon" data --- i.e., send it and then decide
that you don't really care if it gets across the network (say, because
it got lost and has taken too long to retransmit and so the data is out
of date).  Without a Big Hack, I cannot envision TCP doing something
like this.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
allman

--