Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:18:23 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions about dvd drives

I know that FreeBSD doesn't support DVD per se, but I was curious:

Will not pretty much any DVD PCMCIA drive be treated as a CD-ROM
via PAO?

I have looked at the 'Supported Cards' list, and was dismayed to
see only one DVD drive at all listed.

I'm new to both PCMCIA issues, and DVD drives, so I'm certain I'm
missing something...

I'm about to wade for the first time into getting this a laptop to
work; wish me luck!  (I should keep one of those on-line diaries
for eveyone's benefit.)

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (781) 899-7484 x704