Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:28:19 +0200
From:      Andreas Eder <andreas_eder@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   emacs 22 and info files

Hi,

after the upgrade to emacs22 I noticed that a few of the emacs
related info files in  /usr/local/info no longer work.
An example is ccmode.info. If a tyoe info ccmode at the
commandline I get a message 'No menu item `ccmode' in node
`(dir)Top'.' and info show the top.
In emacs I get 'Can't find ccmode-1 or any compressed verion of
it.'

The problem seems to be that the ccmode.info file starts like
this:

.
.
.
START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
* CC Mode: (ccmode).    Emacs mode for editing C, C++, Objective-C,
                        Java, Pike, AWK, and CORBA IDL code.
END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

^_
Indirect:
ccmode-1: 1501
^_
Tag Table:
(Indirect)
Node: To1501
Node: Introductio3860
Ref: Introduction-Footnote-5806
.
.
.

So there is a reference to cxmode-1, but that file does not exist.

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Thanks,

'Andreas
--
Wherever I lay my .emacs, there's my $HOME.