Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 23:05:44 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New BT848 driver 0.2 - that's it!

Amancio Hasty:
 |In brooktree848.c , look for
 |	case METEOR_CAP_CONTINOUS:
 |change :
 |	btl_reg = (u_long *) &bt848[BKTR_INT_MASK];
 |	*btl_reg =    1 << 18 | 1 << 11 | 2;
 |to:
 |		btl_reg = (u_long *) &bt848[BKTR_INT_MASK];
 |		*btl_reg =    1 << 23 |   2 | 1;

Bingo!  I've had DTV running continuously @ 640x480 for 10 minutes and
off-and-on for about 20 minutes with no crash.  Great job remote
trouble-shooting from very little info!

With some experimentation, it seems that setting bit 23 of the INT_MASK is
the key.

(Scratch, scratch...)  Now what I'm trying to figure out is how you knew to
try that and "why" that works?!  According to the spec, that bit is in a
"Reserved" block from bits 23-20 of the INT_STATUS/_MASK registers.  That
bit also wasn't set in any lines of the STATUS dump I mailed either.

So what's your secret?  :-)  Or am I just missing something blatently obvious.

Thanks again!

Randall