Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 1997 18:18:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hardware

J Wunsch said:

> This awfully looks like a much better success rate than IDE, where you
> often have to live with the surprise that two (out of two possible)
> disk drives of different vendors can't work together on a single bus.

I have literally NEVER had a problem with IDE.  (Except cable problems.)
However, I have been careful not to mix/match manufacturers.  Again,
I am not religiously pro or against SCSI or IDE.  I have had problems
with HP drives also.  I have heard of problems running the latest Buslogic
SCSI interfaces also (they don't work on FreeBSD, without a new driver.)

It is all how you look at the troubles with the respective interfaces.

--
John
dyson@freebsd.org