Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:15:39 -0500
From:      Matt Freitag <mpf@inodes.us>
To:        d-force@driverheaven.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel configuration program - 0.1 alpha. Hacker help andfeedback required.

Personally I prefer the flat file configuration, as it's much more
intuitive, and an obfuscated method of configuring my kernel just isn't
for me. To each his own of course, but I myself will always stick to
vi'ing my kernel's config. It's the fastest, most efficient way IMHO.
(Not to say, that's better, since lots of people prefer what I'd call, a
more lazy method) I never liked the Linux kernel "way", but that's just
me. Good on you for trying to give something back to the fbsd community
though - not trying to bring it down, just shedding light on my personal
convictions when it comes to configuring a kernel.

-mpf