Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 21:50:10 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Tim Ryder <jawse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        jmutter@ds.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 01:20:16PM -0800, Tim Ryder wrote:

> If I install 3.3 will be be that much trouble to get
> up to date as new source comes out.

You'll do at least the basic kernel / buildworld / installworld thing,
so installing 3.3-RELEASE and cvsup'ing to the latest 3.4-STABLE sources
shouldn't take long.  I've done it at least twice.  Once for fun, and
the other time because I trashed my installation while playing with that
evil M$-thing called Windows '98.

Having done the thing (from 3.3-RELEASE => 3.4-STABLE) I can assure you
it won't take long.  At least the source update part.  The compilation
of the `world' depends on your specific hardware setup, and I don't know
how long it will take--not until I've seen it done at least once.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public PGP key: finger keramida@diogenis.ceid.upatras.gr