Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:56:37 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        tomb@cgf.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realaudio short sound clip then silence....

In article <38B61594.9295662B@cgf.net> you write:
>So having found most of the answers to the problems I have been having
>with RealAudio, I am so close!!!
>
>I click on the link for the audio I want.  RealPlayer starts and reports
>the following error
>LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=7, typ=0x44d(M), num=0x76 not implemented
>
>But it keeps going and plays about 0.2 sec of the desired clip and then
>silence... keeps counting and finally  stops at about 7 seconds.

Hmm it worked for me...  does (pcm) sound work with other programs?
(simple test, cat some (longer) .au to /dev/audio, or try to play
a .wav, or a .mp3)

 if other programs have the problem too check if your souncard's
interrupts get thru (dmesg to see which irq it wants to use, then
systat -vm), if not you have a hardware/configuration problem.
(could be just the interrupt routed wrong in the bios...)

 HTH,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
(remove dot foo from address to reply)