Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 10:02:29 -0700
From:      "Robert Ramey" <ramey@rrsd.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Building makerom in the netboot directory

Gentlemen,

I am trying to make the makerom program in the netboot directory.

I get the message scrt.o doesn't exist.

This suggests to me the the the build is asking for files from a C runtime
library that it can't find.

I have built small test projects and they seem to work build fine.  I have
also built and installed a custom kernel without problems.

The make files are as transparent as I would like.

The hell of it is that I was successful building makerom before but now I
for get what I did to in order to do this.  I believe that I had to make
something else first but I can't remember what it was.

Where should scrt.o be and how is built?

Thank you

Robert Ramey