Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:28:32 +0100
From:      Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler@tngtech.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptops for FreeBsd

--BSLNK7Nl8isIaLLqmPmLS0HCfphISuCSj

Hi,

if you don't need the newest model, I had a Lenovo T530 fully working
(but never tested suspend) with FreeBSD 9 and 10. In the T530 you can
also disable Intel GFX and use NVidia only.
Since my T530 jumped from the desk ^^ I have a T540 now which is kind of
unusable with FreeBSD :(( Haswell or Broadwell are still not supported
with FreeBSD CURRENT. And you cannot disable Intel GFX anymore. Shame on
you Lenovo!! The Haswell (or Broadwell) thing also means that integrated
WiFi will not work.
So if you want to use a Haswell or Broadwell NB be prepared to only have
VESA GFX and Wifi via an external dongle. Both Sucks, if you try to
really use this NB.

This is OT, but I hope that at least Haswell GFX will be supported soon.
I can live with the WiFi Dongle. But I cannot live with VESA. And I
don't want to live with Linux any longer.

Cheers,
Stefan

On 03/25/15 11:45, zeke motta wrote:
> Dear Ladies/Gents
> I am a novice in all Freebsd matters but i intend to learn. =20
> Just one question > which laptop should I buy to install the latest
> version of Freebsd 10.1 or 11???
> thank you.
> all the bestzeke=20
>  Sent using Hushmail
> =20
g"
>=20

--=20
Stefan Wendler
stefan.wendler@tngtech.com
+49 (0) 176 -  2438 3835
Senior Consultant

TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterf=F6hring
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Henrik Klagges, Gerhard M=FCller, Christoph Stock
Amtsgericht M=FCnchen, HRB 135082