Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:40:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@Vorlon.odc.net>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPDATE9: ATA/ATAPI driver new version available.

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> > atapi_error: PREVENT_ALLOW - timeout error = 00
> >
> > After that, I can mount it fine.  This system is all SCSI except
> > for the cdrom, which is a generic 6x IDE cdrom drive.
>
> Hmm, that is a little wierd since:
>
> > Here is the relevant probes (dmesg | grep ata):
> >
> > ata-pci0: <Intel PIIX3 IDE controller> at device 1.1 on pci0
> > ata-pci0: Busmastering DMA supported
> > ata0 at 0x01f0 irq 14 on ata-pci0
> > acd0: < ICD-900AT/ A01> CDROM drive at ata0 as master
> > acd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked
> > ata_command: timeout waiting for interrupt
>
> It also failed here in the probe, hmm...
>
> Does it work reliably ever after then ??

Seems to.  I was able to tar off a directory on the cdrom to the
hard drive with no errors at all.

Neal

--
Neal Westfall  |  mailto:nwestfal@odc.net  |  http://www.odc.net/~nwestfal

"What is today a matter of academic speculation begins tomorrow to move
 armies and pull down empires. In that second stage, it has gone too far
 to be combatted; the time to stop it was when it was still a matter of
 impassionate debate."  -- J. Gresham Machen, "Christianity and Culture"