Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:22:33 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome upgrade killed mouse

I ran the gnome_upgrade.sh script and now my mouse doesn't.  Even if I run
Xorg -configure and start X with the generated xorg.conf.new file, the
mouse doesn't work.

I can see the mouse being detected in the dmesg.boot, so it appears to be a
problem with Xorg rather than device detection.  Any suggestions would be
welcomed, since my desktop is essentially useless at this point.  (I'm
sending this from my Winbloze laptop.)

One other question.  After running the gnome_upgrade.sh script, when I run
portupgrade there are updates to gnome and lots of gstreamer plugin stuff.
Is it safe to run those through portupgrade?  Or do I need to run the
gnome_upgrade.sh script again?

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas