Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:39:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Oliveiro <joe@advancewebhosting.com>
To:        Eric De La Cruz Lugo <eric@iteso.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Downloading a port and installing it.

You can fetch the requested files yourself and once you've dont that copy
them to /usr/ports/distfiles=20

then do your 'make install clean'

FreeBSD - The BEST upgrade you can do to NT!

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Eric De La Cruz Lugo wrote:

> Hi!
>=20
> I just want to know if it is possible to download a especific port say xf=
ree86 4.0.1 with all the patches and XFree86 4.0.1 source code into a compu=
ter.
> =20
> The reasson is that i don=B4t have direct connection to the internet, (a =
Ms Proxy problem), but i can do ftp from other win98 and NT computers in th=
e Net, can i download the port? and after that ftp the port from a win98 ma=
chine to my FreeBSD (locally of course)?, if yes, wich files i need to down=
load? and from what ftp servers?