Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:43:54 -0300
From:      Duane Whitty <duane@dwlabs.ca>
To:        Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:06:26PM +0300, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Duane Whitty wrote:
> >Has anyone else lost their flash7 plugin in firefox on 6-STABLE?
>
>    I use native seamonkey-1.0.5 + linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_6 +
> linux-flashplugin-7.0r68, and this "toolchain" worked for simple
> flash content under RELENG_6 as of 2006.10.09, and continues to
> work under fresh RELENG_6 (2006.10.16). However, the following looks
> non-standard (it doesn't match corresponding section from
>
> /usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-FreeBSD6
>
> ) in your configuration:
>
> >Here is my current etc/libmap.conf which I updated after upgrading to the
> >most
> >recent firefox
> >
> ># [ALPHA SUPPORT] Flash7 with Mozilla
> >[/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so]
>
>   Are you sure that file location should point at symlink instead of the
>   real
> file? My setup works correctly when I specify _real_ .so path here:
>
> [/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so]
>
> and doesn't work when I specify symlink:
>
> [/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins/libflashplayer.so]
>
> In the latter case, flash plug-in shows fine under Help -> About Plug-ins,
> but fails during Flash content display:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
>  /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so [Shared object
>  "libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]
>
> Generally, it helps _a lot_ to start the browser from xterm's command line
> in this situations - you'll see all error and warning messages then.
>
> Sincerely, Dmitry
> --
> Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
> e-mail:  dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua
> nic-hdl: LYNX-RIPE

Thank you Dmitry and everyone,

I fixed the file location it doesn't point to a sysmlink
which somehow I completely overlooked, thanks.

When it still didn't work I removed the absolute path names from
the mappings.

Everything works great now (at least as well as before :) )

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Duane Whitty