Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2014 09:00:16 -0700
From:      hiren panchasara <hiren.panchasara@gmail.com>
To:        Midori Kato <katoon@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        "Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DCTCP implementation

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Midori Kato <katoon@sfc.wide.ad.jp> wrote:
> Hi Hiren,
>
> Yes, I intentionally replace the location of DELAY_ACK() macro.
> A DCTCP receiver sends an immediate ACK when incoming packets sets CE and
> non-CE bit by turns. To implement this processing, I prepare the
> cc_ecnpkt_handler() function. This function calls the DEKAY_ACK() macro to
> check if this packet is in delayed ack or not. This is why I replace the
> macro position.
That is fine but macro definition is also changed.

This is how it looks on -HEAD right now:

#define DELAY_ACK(tp, tlen) \
((!tcp_timer_active(tp, TT_DELACK) && \
   (tp->t_flags & TF_RXWIN0SENT) == 0) && \
   (tlen <= tp->t_maxopd) && \
   (V_tcp_delack_enabled || (tp->t_flags & TF_NEEDSYN)))

We need to pass this new argument "tlen" when calling DELAY_ACK() from
cc_ecnpkt_handler() function. We can probably pass that to
cc_encpkg_handler() while calling it from tcp_do_segment().

I'll make that change and see how it goes.

cheers,
Hiren