Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:10:22 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        Louis-Philippe Groulx <dark_matrix41@yahoo.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question

> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:47:24 -0500 (EST)
> From: Louis-Philippe Groulx <dark_matrix41@yahoo.ca>
> Subject: Question
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>

> Hi,
>    Is it true that Microsoft Windows 9X use only 50%
> of the Cpu power and that FreeBSD use the 100%.

    Hi there,

    while I don't have any numbers, it's my experience that unices
    stress the hardware much more than any windows. For instance, I had
    two PC133 and one PC100 RAMs in a machine, and Win2000 was
    completely happy about that. Once I installed SuSE Linux, and then
    FreeBSD on the machine, I started seeing lots of "Signal 11" errors.

    You might see higher CPU temperature, but you have to factor out
    whether any/all of the measured systems use the HLT instruction,
    what software you run...

    Hm, why do you ask in the first place?

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:05PM up 5 days, 1:51, 25 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03