Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:32:02 +0100
From:      Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net (David Kelly)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crapintosh bashing, was:Re: cdrecord

According to David Kelly:
> There is an awful lot of good that has come from Apple and the Mac. I
> was glad to hear Rhapsody was taking a BSD slant.

Probably even more than you think. From a friend's machine where I had
a shell account on a recent beta, it looked like whole parts of Rhapsody
come directly from NetBSD and/or OpenBSD.

So much so that you have a compat_freebsd and a compat_linux man page
(only the man pages are there, the emulation doesn't work and I don't
think it's ever intended to, they probably just forgot to remove
the man pages):

| DESCRIPTION
|     OpenBSD supports running FreeBSD binaries. Most binaries should work, ex-
      ^^^^^^^
/usr/share/man/man8/compat_linux.8:
| .\"     $NetBSD: compat_linux.8,v 1.2 1995/10/16 20:17:59 fvdl Exp $

Even compat_sunos and a compat_svr4 are there :-)
--
Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr