Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:06:18 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building of /usr/ports/devel/oaf fails really strangely?

 Good afternoon,

 	This may only belong into the -ports list, but I think it's more
 likely to find an answern in stable and questions too..

 Anyway, has anyone tried to build /usr/ports/devel/oaf recently?
 oaf is an "Object Activation Framework" package, primarily used by
 GNOME, AFAIK.

 I've tried to upgrade my icewm to 1.0.8 and found that it requires
 GNOME 1.4 to build and run (which I really dislike). GNOME starts to
 get rebuilt, with many neccessary and unneccessary components, and
 one of those is oaf.

 The build fails with the following error messages:

 [..blah, blah, snip, snip..]
 od-load.c: In function `od_entry_read_props':
 od-load.c:50: structure has no member named `xmlChildrenNode'
 od-load.c:50: warning: value computed is not used
 od-load.c:68: structure has no member named `xmlChildrenNode'
 od-load.c:68: warning: value computed is not used
 od-load.c:95: structure has no member named `xmlChildrenNode'
 od-load.c:95: warning: value computed is not used
 od-load.c:111: structure has no member named `xmlChildrenNode'
 od-load.c:111: warning: value computed is not used
 od-load.c:47: warning: `sub' might be used uninitialized in this function
 od-load.c:91: warning: `sub2' might be used uninitialized in this function
 od-load.c: In function `od_load_file':
 od-load.c:292: structure has no member named `xmlRootNode'
 od-load.c:293: structure has no member named `xmlRootNode'
 od-load.c:295: structure has no member named `xmlRootNode'
 od-load.c:282: warning: `node' might be used uninitialized in this function
 gmake[2]: *** [od-load.o] Error 1
 gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/oaf/work/oaf-0.6.6/oafd'
 gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/oaf/work/oaf-0.6.6'
 gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
 *** Error code 2

 Stop in /usr/ports/devel/oaf.
 *** Error code 1

 This even happens when I go into /usr/ports/devel/oaf/work/oaf-0.6.6/
 and make or gmake the stuff.

 Has anybody experienced that problem and knows a solution?
 regards
 --
 	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos
 	ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net