Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:09:38 +0200
From:      Oddbjorn Steffensen <oddbjorn@tricknology.org>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        'Michael Lucas' <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, "'Jeremy C. Reed'" <reed@reedmedia.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A BSD intro at Bellingham, Washington Linuxfest 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 11:30:50AM +0500, Haikal Saadh wrote:
> I've got something like this...I've been working on a 'crash course' for
> freebsd, and most of the material is summarized from the handbook. If
> anyone's interested, I can make it available. It's in powerpoint at the
> moment, but I can convert to html if needed.

I think it would be a good idea to use the docbook slides DTD by
Norman Walsh for this, provided that the output is flexible enough.
I plan to convert my slides to this format as a test, and if the
document project approve, this could be put into CVS for coordinated
development.

I suggest that we try to coordinate the efforts -- my slides are
focused on giving a broad overview, and would likely be nicely
complemented by a more hands-on approach based upon the handbook.

Do you have a reference to your material?

-oddbjorn