Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 20:31:29 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        Rob King <james.king@wholefoods.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible bug in miibus, fxp, and xl?

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 02:45:21PM -0500, Rob King wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>     Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm not seeing
> it...And thanks in advance for any help.
>
>     I'm running 4.5-RELEASE, i386 on a Dell server box. The machine
> keeps locking up whenever I do large network transfers. At first I
> thought it was a problem with the on-motherboard ethernet card (xl0),
> but when I put an fxp-driven card in, and removed kernel support for
> xl0, it still locks up on large network transfers.
>
>     This doesn't appear to be a cooling issue, but the only common piece
> of code is the miibus driver code. Anyone have any ideas?
>
>     Thanks a lot,
>     Rob

Hi,

I have in one of my home boxes a realtek card, which is mii based too.
The box runs fBSD4.5 and does quite some traffic on an average day.
All goes fine.

Can you include a backtrace whenever the kernels hangs?

We might get some more information on what it was doing when it
crashed.

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers