Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 07:40:57 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install chapter.sgml

--==_Exmh_-2018903435P

If memory serves me right, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:48:39 +0100
> Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:22:04AM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > > I did this for one reason, to make it look nice before the print
> > > version.
> >
> > What print version ? I've missed this...
>
> The Third version of the handbook!  :)

Ah, unless I've really missed something, I don't think a third edition
is imminent.  There's plenty of time to get this fixed.

> > > rpratt will get this fixed eventually.  If you still think
> > > I should back it, then I will do so.
> >
> > I haven't seen Randy do the 4.7 updates yet (though I may have missed
> > it). I'd agree that it should stay as it is until the screenshots are
> > updated.
>
> Not sure if he did or not, I know he recently did *some* work on this
> area.  Perhaps we should ping(8) him?

I'm pretty sure that Randy's done, based on an email conversation I had
with him.  He told me that there weren't all *that* many changes to the
installation chapter, and in fact, he was working on making it be less
version-specific.

(That having been said, I haven't perused that part of the Handbook
lately.)

> > > I agree though, in the next commit to this chapter, rpratt should
> > > change it to example (unless someone has the time to do this now.
> > > I unfortuntatly do not.)
> >
> > If I can remember the appropriate incantations, then I can do this
> > tomorrow.
>
> Please do ;)

Murray already tagged the doc/ tree for the release.  I'm not a big
proponent of sliding tags for minor corrections like this (especially
since we've got a bunch of other last minute fire-drills to cope with),
so I'd say to take your time.

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-2018903435P