Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:15:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   httpd questions

Hey, two general questions on apache that I can't find answers to after
hours of site scouring.

1. Is there a way to turn off the tilde in userdirs, as we are porting
from a system where userdirs were handled differently (read:poorly).  Jon
Chen on this list suggested in an earlier email to create a symlink from
htdocs/username to username/public_html (but that sounds like a LOT of
symlinks), as well as a complication to adding and removing users.

2. Is there some way to prevent virtual hosts from reflecting userdirs:

For example, www.ourwebhostingclient.com/~anyuser

should NOT show through, but it does.

Thanks for all the help...

-Dan Mahoney

--

"She's been getting attacked by these leeches, they're leaving these marks
all over her neck. You gotta keep her out of those woods.  If one more

-Someone's Mother, December 18th, 1998

Dan Mahoney
Gushi on efnet IRC
ICQ:13735144