Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 00:31:21 -0600
From:      "Benjamin M. Manes" <maneben@charlie.cns.iit.edu>
To:        eric <eroc@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compiled Image

> Are there any .iso images available for download for high speed connections?

I recently downloaded the image of 3.3 from the servers. I found
ftp2.freebsd.org and ftp5.freebsd.org to be the fastest mirrors
(20-30kbps). However, I also found ftp.linuxberg.org to be even faster
(60kbps+), and it has the image too. 3.4-RC just came out, so I'd recomend
waiting for the 3.4 image. Oh, and th images are .cd0, which I'm not quite
sure how to deal with (probably in a readme or the handbook).