Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:18:03 -0500
From:      Jim <jameso@elwood.net>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Railroad Tycoon II

I just recently got Civ2 to FreeBSD and it worked fine after a little
bit of tweaking.

The trick really was not to use the setup/install scripts. Read
through them and see what they do, think about if it will work on
FreeBSD, then do it by hand or alter them to work correctly.

But, then again one of the most important parts is to do a "brandelf
-t Linux rt2", which is something that you did not say you did. That
is more them likely your problem.

Also look at the the r2demo port and see how that one works. I
submited a port for the civ2 demo that is not commited yet, if you
want to take a look at it you can DL it from
http://www.elwood.net/civ2demo_port.tgz.

But do the brandelf.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 10:37:37PM -0700, dannyman wrote:
> I bought rt2 for linux today.  After telling setup.sh to really look in
> /usr/compat/linux/lib to test its libc version, everything got sucessfully
> installed.
>
> 0-22:10 dannyman@dell ~> rt2
> Segmentation fault(core dumped)
> 139-22:19 dannyman@dell ~> truss !!
> truss rt2
> mkdir(0x0,0xbfbffac0)                            ERR#14 'Bad address'
> getlogin(0xbfbffac8,0xbfbffac0)                  = 0 (0x0)
> getuid()                                         = 1001 (0x3e9)
> SIGNAL 11
> SIGNAL 11
> Process stopped because of:  16
> process exit, rval = 139
> Segmentation fault(core dumped)
>
> Argh!
>
> FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE with linux_base-6.1.
>
> Any ideas?  I've emailed Loki, and a couple folks I've found by searching
> Deja.  Everyone seems to have their own special trouble.
>
> Thanks,
> -danny
>
> --
> dannyman - http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/