Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:40:47 +0100
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The shared /bin and /sbin bikeshed

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 05:48:28PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > The "kernel.ko stuff" includes the modified boot loader crap.
> > Backup shared libraries are easy; backup bootblock are not.
>
> Loader != boot blocks.  The boot blocks were not changed.  It is easy to
> keep backup copies of the loader.

Ok. This is getting really really evil.

Can we just decide upon a name for the "compile a solaris/linux-like world
for me please?" option and commit it?

As long as its not default, I'm very happy, and it will be very useful
for embedded applications, just like Warner said originally.

adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for