Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 20:13:02 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <harto000@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System hung

Dear Sirs.
I administer a FreeBSD 2.1.0 Pentium PC and recovered a horrible
problem. I was changing a row in /etc/exports. When I rebooted our
Server, the system goes into a "sleep" state when it reaches the
script-line where the mountd has to export several directories for the
PC area.

I have no chance to break and it seems horrible to me that there is no
possibility in entering the system without installing it from new.

Well, if you have any idea how to come up again, please email me!

Thanks in advance,

hartmann