Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:29:35 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
Cc:        Denis DeLaRoca <denis@acacia.cts.ucla.edu>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RealPlayer G2 for Linux (6.0-0.99051701)

Chris Piazza:
 |Denis DeLaRoca:
 |
 |> And I am getting also an err msg from RealPlayer G2
 |>
 |> LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=39 typ=0x44d(M), num=0x76 not implemented
 |
 |I've been using this program extensively for the past few days
 |and AFAIK this warning means absolutely nothing.
 |It'd be nice if they released a version that had plugin support
 |for netscape, though :-).

According to Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, it's OSS_GETVERSION.  Likely
it's trying to optimize the sound output based on sound driver version.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to the video dogging down more
and more as the clip plays; possibly it's blocking on sound driver writes
(ISPACE, OSPACE, TRIGGER, and friends).

Randall