Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:00:22 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
Cc:        "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changing a name server at INTERNIC

On 15 Jul 2000, at 13:48, Gregory Sutter wrote:

> On 2000-07-15 16:35 +1200, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> wrote:

> > > Move your domain to any OpenSRS based registrar. This has
> > > two benefits:
> > > - web-based updates to your domain registrations
> > > - punish NSI for ripping you off
> > >
> > > and one drawback:
> > > - you need to purchase an additional one year of
> > >   registration (~$12.50)
> >
> > That is the one thing which prevents me from swapping registrars.
>
> $12.50 is worth all this trouble to you?

It's not just US$12.50 AFAIK.  There are ten domains in question.  And
that's not much money if one has lots of money in the first place.  I do not
have such money.  Having had only 2 months of paid work in the past ten,
it is an expense I an not prepared to meet right now.

> That's hardly a drawback,
> considering the amount you've spent just trying to get NSI's
> problems fixed.  Suck it up and do the transfer.

My time is free.  However frustrating it may be to deal with NSI, it's
about my only option.  My bank account is empty.  If I'd worked all of
the past 6 or 7 months, I'd not be hesitating.  But having barely kept my
house over the past year, I'd rather not spend money if I can avoid it.
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/