Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:45:44 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   forcing the device to be 1.1

Hi.

I need to force the device to work in 1.1 mode, because I need to make
it visible to the virtualbox-ose, which supports only 1.1 devices.
By default my device is in 2.0 I guess (usbconfig shows FULL speed).
Various posts mention I have to use the hw.usb.ehci.no_hs sysctl oid and
set it to 1. I actually tried this, but my device still opertates in
FULL speed after replugging. I also noticed that all of these success
stories mention the FreeBSd 8 or 9, and i have the 10 version. Does this
still work ? Or may be I need to unplug all of my usb devices (including
the keyboard and mouse) and then configure the hw.usb.ehci.no_hs ?

P.S. This message isn't related to the previous one, about the
cardreader in any manner. These are two completely different issues.

Thanks.
Eugene.