Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 02:11:26 -0400
From:      "James Halstead" <james_bond_79@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cvsup slow?

I have been trying to cvsup my source tree for three days now, but it is
going extremly slow! the server is on a college campus with dual t1 lines,
and no students there at the moment. so I should have plenty of bandwith,
but I am constantly timing out. I have included the supfile to make sure I
am not doing anything stupid. I didn't know what info to send to help, just
tell me what you need and I can do it. ping on cvsup3 responds less than
100ms everytime, so seems quick enough. If somebody can give me some things
to check (firewalls, routers) I can check them too. the system is a 3.5R
system.

thanks for any help, and please reply to me, I am not subscribed to the
list.

-james

*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr