Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 17:59:01 +1000
From:      Andrew@micksquadra.its.utas.edu.au (Andrew Stevenson)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cant install v2

Dear questions, :-)

Our aim is to install FreeBSD v2 on a 486 33Mhz 8MB RAM, ~700MB disk space
over two SCSI drives (adaptec controlled).

We have downloaded the disk images several times (from various FTP sites)
and we can boot of the disk made from boot.flp and everything goes fine. We
eventually choose proceed and even later get asked to reboot from the hard
drive - when we do this we get greeted by the boot manager and no matter
what option is chosen it just brings up the boot manager again. We don't
have a chance to feed it the cpio disk.

We want to FTP the main distribution if we can get further (we have FTP
access but perhaps the fact that we don't have any of the other files
available to the installer is causing problems?).

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew@micksquadra.its.utas.edu.au
--
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high.... (LSDSPLHCBTB)