Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 22:48:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Hoss Firooznia <hfir@math.rochester.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PicoBSD boot error: can't load kernel

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Hoss Firooznia wrote:

> Hi folks,

>     /kernel text=0xc379c
>     elf_loadexec: archsw.readin failed
>     can't load 'kernel'
>     Error booting
>
> This happens with both a modified 'net' configuration as well as with the
> stock 'router' configuration.  The boot blocks and boot loader seem to work
> as usual (I get the usual loader messages, the BootFORTH menu, etc.)  but
> the boot loader apparently can't read in the kernel properly.
>
> I've tried multiple machines and multiple disks, but the problem remains -
> so presumably this isn't simply a hardware read error.  Does the problem
> sound familiar to anyone?  Am I (most likely) missing something obvious?

Well, it looks familiar to me - more or less it means "I can't read this
sector from the media, help!", and I usually was able to get rid of it
with a new floppy... but in your case, if you already tried it, well...

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----