Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:25:33 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Andreas Krebs <akrebs@chronolabs.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: JDK1.5 and JBOSS 4.0.3 problem

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:03:55PM +0100, Andreas Krebs wrote:
> when trying to build a webapp that uses JBOSS 4.0.3 with the
> selfcompiled JDK1.5 on FreeBSD I get the following error:
>
> [javac]
> /data/trunk/ng.sources/ng.kernel/com/ng/common/security/integration/jboss/NGLoginModule.java:118:
> abstract method
> initialize(javax.security.auth.Subject,javax.security.auth.callback.CallbackHandler,java.util.Map<java.lang.String,?>,java.util.Map<java.lang.String,?>)
> in javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule cannot be accessed directly
> [javac]         super.initialize(subject, callbackHandler, sharedState,
> options);
>

> this seems to relate to a bug in the JDK
> (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6178365) which was
> solved a while ago. The same build works fine on Linux with Java(TM) 2
> Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05) and on
> Windows, so the problem obviously is with the JDK.
>
> My guess is that the JDK1.5 SCSL sources are missing this (and maybe
> other) fixes, since there hasn't been any changes in the SCSL sources in
> months. Unfortunately I can't find any information on what version the
> SCSL sources are based.

Sun releases the SCSL source around the time it does the initial FCS
release.  So essentially the SCSL code is 1.5.0 and is missing all of
the fixes in _01 -> _05 unless we've hit them ourselves independently.

> Any feedback is highly appreciated, if I can't find a solution I have to
> use Linux which I'd like to avoid.

If you can find the fix for the bug then we can incorporate it into the
native port.  Another alternative (maybe) is to use the linux-sun-jdk15
port with JBoss (I'm not sure how well this works).

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org