Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:19:54 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to keep two directory trees in sync?

Hey there,

This was on freshmeat today.  :)

subject: Unison 2.2
added by: Benjamin C. Pierce on Jun 17th 2000, 02:31
license: GPL
category: Console/Utilities

homepage: http://freshmeat.net/redir/homepage/960562489/
download: http://freshmeat.net/redir/download/960562489/
changelog: http://freshmeat.net/redir/changelog/960562489/

It allows two replicas of a collection of files and directories to be
stored on different hosts (or different disks on the same host),
modified separately, and then brought up to date by propagating the
changes in [snip]

This might be what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Marc