Date:      Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:56:40 +1100
From:      "Logan weaponx" <loganweaponx@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware

hi,
   I was wondering if there are any tricks required to make freebsd
5.0-current work under vmware 3.0 (Windows XP host). When I try and boot
(from the 20020127 snapshot) it fails to boot. It hangs at different stages
in the boot each time, but the furthest it has ever gotten is trying to load
/sbin/init. I can boot from kern.flp and then use my root partition, but
things dont load correctly (network, filesystems, etc). I looked through the
archives and noted a few posts regarding different vmware issues and a
patch.

Should -current work under vmware by default, or are there steps i should
take to make it work?

thanks

thomas