Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:56:28 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Some questions about booting with newbus

In message <XFMail.990420220613.asmodai@wxs.nl> Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai writes:
: Am I the only one where booting with -v doesn't really do any verbose
: booting?
: Also, as talked about with Peter, -v should report unclaimed/unmatched
: devices, currently it doesn't...

I've seen that it does.  I have a chip made by Sony that no driver
claims.  Likely a firewire or MPEG video chip of some flavor.

: Also, I am trying to work up a driver here, but have only a list of vendor
: ID's for the PCI bus, anyone have a textfile with some more ID's such as
: the classes, etc..?

You could look in http://www.halcyon.com/scripts/jboemler/pci/pcicode

for a list of most vendors (that's how I know the chip is made by
Sony) and for many cards (but none from Sony :-(.

Warner