Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 00:06:18 -0700
From:      Doug Langley <dlangley@calweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with caching nameserver  and localhost

	I am attempting to run a caching nameserver on freebsd 3.3-STABLE.
I've enabled it in rc.conf, and run the make-localhost script.
Every thing works fine until I have servers that try and do a reverse dns
query on localhost and my nameserver reports the host is not found.  I have
host.conf setup to check /etc/hosts first then bind.  Any thoughts on why
the FreeBSD default nameserver configuration won't properly reverse localhost?

Doug