Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:59:31 +0300
From:      Dima Veselov <kab00m@lich.phys.spbu.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rsmith@xs4all.nl
Subject:   FreeBSD cross-update

Hello once more,

I am really stuck in upgrading sparc64 boxes.

I have amd64 build host and two sparc64 weak boxes.

Crosscompilation is done good and world is ready to install,
but I can't find ANY way to install it actually.

My tries and the reasons it failed:

1. make installworld TO target through NFS fail because NFS
doesn't support chflags and throw an error acessing to protected
binaries.

2. syncing /usr/src and /usr/obj and running installworld ON
target fail because /usr/obj has distribution binaries with buildhost
architecture

3. building release and extracting it to target make me to resettle /etc
and rebuild packages.

Target sparc64 is working service and reinstalling is not the option.
So - if there ANY way of updating or it was developed only for installing
NEW machines, nor upgrading old ones?

--
Sincerely yours