Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:54:29 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading FreeBSD 8.3 amd64

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 18:42 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I want to test snd_hdspe. How can I upgrade from 8.2 to a version
                                                  ^^^8.3
> including the driver or something similar to get the driver?
> Btw. I didn't test, if the driver is part of 8.3 until now :D, but if
> IIUC I need >= 9.0.

I'll read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/updating-upgrading-freebsdupdate.html
can I assume that because I didn't install or updated and configured
anything until now, there won't be issues for a version upgrade, if I
only configure PPPoE, followed by a release upgrade and after that I'll
install software and set up FreeBSD completely?