Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:06:21 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What sets my env?

At 06:40 PM 8/19/01 -0700, you wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 08:12:26AM +0700, Roger Merritt wrote:
>> At 10:10 AM 8/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th> types:
>> >
>> >It can be set in /etc/login.conf.
>> >
>> >	<mike
>> >--
>> >Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
>> >Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more
information.

>> I guess it can be, but it isn't. Somewhere during bootup *something* is
>> setting it, and I still can't locate it.
>
>I think you are actually talking about a make(1) variable and not a
>shell environmental variable, right?
>
>Make sure to nuke all of your build space before starting a build with
>new sources. (This applies to building world or kernel as well.) Does
>this make a difference?
>--
>Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.edu

No, I'm talking about the environment variable. It's not being set in
.bashrc or .profile (although I suppose it should be). It's not being set
from login.conf ( think that's where my PATH variable is being set from,
though). I've set the definition in make.conf, so the environment variable
shouldn't matter, but it bugs me that I can't find the text string
"en_US.ISO_8859-1" anywhere.

Oh, it's only set for 'root', if that makes a difference. When I log on as
a regular user it isn't set, but after I 'su -' it is.
--
Roger