Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:17:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Dr J.A.C. Stenton" <jacs@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Athlon XP with NVIDIA AGP problem

I notice on the lists that there has been problems with Athlon XP and NVIDIA
AGP H/W combinations. Has a fix been found for FreeBSD 4.5?.  I tried an
ASUS A7V333 board with a GeForce 2 graphics board and it worked great
until I tried to start X Windows which resulted in an automatic reset of
the machine which was not good for the Hard disks. I tried tweaking the
AGP BIOS settings but with no joy.

Chris