Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:23:02 -0500
From:      Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GSSAPI and Heimdal in Base

Actually both port and base are 1.5.2. Base was updated in Apr 2012:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=234027

Both 9.x and 10.0 have Heimdal 1.5.2, same version in ports.

The Heimdal project's current stable version is actually 1.5.3. They
have forgotten to update their main website, but the Git repository
speaks the truth:
https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/blob/master/NEWS

Also, they are pushing out 1.6 release candidates at the moment, so I
think 1.6 should arrive shortly.

I will give the project a poke and see if they can update their
website, but security/openssh-portable should build fine against
heimdal base or the  heimdal port since they are identical.