Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:10:13 GMT
From:      mercuree <f0ng@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/126848: USB Keyboard hangs during Installation

>Number:         126848
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       USB Keyboard hangs during Installation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When booting from installation CD, I get to the Beastie menu and can select boot options.

Kernel continues to boot until I get to country selection menu where my keyboard hangs ccompletely, no lights, nothing.

I have tried the following:

At the beastie menu I push 6 to enter extra commands and have entered:

set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"
boot - s

as well as

set hint.atkbd.0.disabled="1"
boot

neither of these options has helped.

When the kernel is booting it detects my keyboard as an Eleen USB Keyboard on ukbd0.

I will try to find a way to output all the info it show while booting.

Sofar I have googled a couple of different search terms but nothing exactly matching this problem.

have also tried both #BSD and ##FreeBSD on irc.freenode.net and no luck either.
>How-To-Repeat:
According to most people I have spoken to they have never come a cross such a problem. I did not have this problem on either gentoo or ubuntu (hoary as well as hardy) on the same system.

The keyboard functions perfectly while navigating through the bios as well as the beastie menu.

As far as I have found most people who have this problem have it with laptops. I am using a Desktop pc with a gigabyt GA6VM7a mobo. The kb is a generic asus usb keyboard.

I have tried both freebsd 5 (couple months ago) as well as 7.0 (yesterday) both have the same problem.