Date:      Mon, 25 May 1998 00:07:10 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   buildworld from read-only filesystem

On Sun, May 24, 1998 at 02:51:53PM -0700, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> eivind      1998/05/24 14:51:51 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     gnu/lib/libgmp       Makefile
>   Log:
>   Don't blow away parts of the sourcetree on a 'make clean'.  This was
>   only harmful for building from a read-only filesystem - the parts
>   blown away were old rm'ed directories.

Now, building from readonly filesystems seems to work.  I had only a
single problem with my build - I got a few warnings from 'static'
declarations in ctype.h, and these hit -Werror a few places in the
tree.

I don't know how to fix this, except for maybe disabling -Werror.
Possibly builds from normal filesystems have this problem at the
moment, too - I haven't tested.

Eivind, on to testing 'installworld'