Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:52:01 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@i-clue.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on PowerPC?

Robert Withrow schrieb:

> Don't see anything about this on the web page.  Is there any
> activity/interest in porting FreeBSD to the PowerPC, and in
> particular to embedded (non-MAC) systems?  I've been pinging
> "core" people about this but haven't seem to teak their interrest.
>
> I gather that BSDI has a powerPC port, but I'd rather use the
> FreeBSD codebase rather than theirs, for a number of reasons.
> Perhaps if just select portions of there code were used it
> would be OK.

When a PowerPC port starts, I can contribute some work. Got some idle
Power macs sitting in a shelf. Anyhow, my level of experience is
limited. I can do compiles and patches, as well as do some limited
bugfixing, but don't count me in as Unix expert.

-Christoph Sold

P.S: Apologies if my Netscape mailer misbehaves again...