Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Modred <modred@ns1.antisocial.net>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poor ethernet performance?

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Modred wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Vincent Poy wrote:
>
> <BITCHMODE>

> > > 	The manpage doesn't really say anything about how to use ttcp...
>
> I don't think manpage useage is -hackers-esque.

	I know.

> > 	There is no ttcp binary anywhere on either my -CURRENT,
> > 3.2-RELEASE and 3.1-RELEASE systems.
>
> Ever hear of ports?  Or is 'how to use the ports collection' suddenly
> -hackers material?  That, and .sig files that contain more relevant bits
> than the sender's posts...

	I know there is ports.  But you are missing the boat.  There is a
ttcp manpage by default and that has nothing to do with ttcp in the ports.
In fact, ttcp wasn't in the ports tree until the last few months.

> Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from quoting this entire
> message to simply say, 'Interesting'...  Thanks.

	I don't post one word replies.  And if you wanted to flame,
atleast learn to do it privately...  Not to mention that atleast my posts
were FreeBSD related, yours is like 180 degrees off-topic.

> </BITCHMODE>
>
> Later,
> --mike

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]