Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:14:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christophe <xtof@olympe.dnsalias.com>
To:        Christophe <xtof@olympe.dnsalias.com>
Cc:        Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>, <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ADSL, PPPoE and Xircom CEM56

Hi ,

from

http://www.daemonnews.org/200101/pppoe.html

     NOTE: THIS SECTION IS OUTDATED

     As of December 2000, ppp now understands the option tcpmssfixup which
     implements what tcpmssd does below. This version of ppp is included
     in FreeBSD >=3D 4.3. This feature is enabled by default, but you can
     still add it anyway:

     enable tcpmssfixup

     to your ppp.conf. And that's all you have to do! (no need to muck
     with the kernel configuration either).
     Of course the explanation of what's going on is still valid.

and i have FreeBSD 4.3

and they say that the feature is enable by default :)

Christophe